Anna Kepner’s Step Brother Finally Charged; Seen Publicly for First Time Walking into Federal Court

Published on

- Advertisement -

TITUSVILLE, Fla. — Nearly three months after 18-year-old Titusville resident Anna Kepner was found dead aboard a Carnival cruise, her 16-year-old stepbrother was seen publicly Friday as he walked into federal court in Miami for what was described as a closed-door hearing.

- Advertisement -

According to a Daily Mail report, the teen entered Miami’s James Lawrence King Federal Justice Centre wearing a cap, sneakers, black pants, and a camouflage hoodie, and did not speak as he headed inside. The report says he was accompanied by his father, Thomas Hudson, 37. Sources cited by the outlet say the teen faces at least two charges connected to Anna’s Nov. 7 death, and that the judge was expected to decide whether he will remain in custody or be released into the care of a relative.

The death of Kepner, a high school senior from Titusville, triggered an FBI investigation after she was pronounced dead while the Carnival Horizon was en route from Mexico to Florida. Her body was found under a bed in the cabin she had been sharing with her stepbrother and her 14-year-old half-brother. Reports show Kepner died from asphyxiation, describing a “bar hold” that suggested pressure across her neck.

- Advertisement -

In the months since Kepner’s death, official public information has been limited. As recently as late January, People magazine reported there had been no arrests or charges publicly announced in the case, and that federal authorities had declined to comment on the investigation’s status.

WHAT ANNA KEPNER’S GRANDMOTHER IS SAYING ONLINE
As news of Friday’s court appearance spread, Kepner’s grandmother, Barbara Collins Kepner, posted a series of comments on social media addressing the case and the family’s silence.

- Advertisement -

In her comments, Kepner’s grandmother claimed the teen has been “charged,” and suggested the family has been staying quiet while the legal process moves forward. She also asserted that because the teen is a juvenile, details have not been widely reported publicly.

In multiple replies to commenters, the grandmother alleged that the teen’s father made a last-minute change in legal representation and that it affected timing and discovery. She also claimed the FBI is expected to pursue the case at the federal level, and suggested there may be additional action ahead.

The grandmother also made allegations about internal family conflict surrounding the case, and said the public is “only hearing one side,” adding that “you will hear ours soon.”

It is important to note that these statements were made in social media comments and have not been independently verified by The Space Coast Rocket. Authorities have not released public charging documents detailing the counts, the jurisdiction, or the precise allegations being pursued in court.

This is a developing story. If you have direct, verifiable information related to this case, contact The Space Coast Rocket.

- Advertisement -

Criminal Defense
Bankruptcy · Evictions

WICKS LAW P.A.

Call or text for
free consult

321-733-2700

Eric Wicks, Esq.

1250 West Eau Gallie Blvd. G
Melbourne, FL 32935

Abogado Wicks habla español

Attorney Eric Wicks, Wicks Law P.A., Melbourne Florida

Upcoming Events

More like this

Alligator Alcatraz Wasn’t the Last One: Florida Quietly Plans More Detention Sites, Possibly in Brevard

A newly surfaced state procurement document shows the Florida Highway Patrol is quietly gauging...

HOUSE OF HORRORS: PALM BAY FATHER ARRESTED AGAIN

PALM BAY, Fla. — Nathan Karol Forczyk, 42, was arrested July 29 on a...

He Filmed Himself Abusing an 11-Year-Old, Then Tried to Have Her Killed From Jail

Talil M. Vann, 25, of Casselberry will spend the rest of his life in...