Applications will be processed on a FIRST QUALIFIED, FIRST SERVED basis. It is broken into 3 parts due to ADA accessibility. Please make sure your review all the required documents, attachments, and include them or it could result in rejection or denial.
Today, Brevard County approved guidelines to distribute $4.4M in funding for mortgage/rental assistance, up to $2,400/mo per family for up to 3 months.
If you are a:
- resident of Brevard County,
- have an income under 140% of area median income ($96,880 for a family of four),
- have been impacted by coronavirus, and
- have a loss of at least 25% of your income,
you are likely to be eligible for rental or mortgage assistance.
You must complete ALL 3 SECTIONS of the application at www.brevardfl.gov/HumanServices/Announcements & attach all required documentation listed below. Warning: Failure to provide all required documentation will result in the denial of assistance.
All of the following documents MUST be attached to your application:
- For an individual whose income is derived from their own business: (1) Copies of filed tax returns from the previous two years; and (2) Current year Profit and Loss Statement
- Most recent tax return
- Copy of Valid Identification for every household member 18 years and older (Florida Driver’s License, Florida Identification Card) with a Brevard County address.
- Paystubs showing employment status as of February 29, 2020 or statement from employer
- Documentation of all income from the entire household as reported above (for example: unemployment compensation, Social Security, pension, alimony, tax refund, etc.)
- Self-Declaration Form (Attachment A) for all adult household members who report no income or are self-employed
- Bank Statements (checking, savings, money market, annuities, or other investment accounts) for the Applicant, Co-Applicant, and all other adults in the household
- Social Security Waiver (Attachment B)
The following additional documents must be attached to your application as applicable for the assistance being sought:
- Mortgage Statement (showing the breakdown of the payment and arrearage / amount due)
- Current Lease (showing monthly rent)
- Statement from a landlord (showing the arrearage / amount due)
- W-9 for landlord or mortgage company (Attachment C)
- If the landlord does not have a Business Tax Identification Number a Social Security Waiver must be completed (Attachment B)
- Documentation for a Utility Deposit (showing the amount needed)
- New lease (showing the amount for a Security Deposit)