Last week, Governor Ron DeSantis announced the appointment of Michelle Naberhaus to the Eighteenth Circuit Court. The Eighteenth Circuit encompasses Brevard and Seminole Counties.
Naberhaus currently serves as a Judge of the Brevard County Court. She previously served as an Attorney for Dean Mead, P.A. She received her bachelor’s degree from The University of Florida and her law degree from The University of Florida College of Law. Naberhaus fills the vacancy created by the retirement of Judge James Earp.
In the past, she was appointed to the Brevard County Court by Governor Rick Scott. At that time, she filled a vacancy created by the resignation of County Judge Cathleen B. Clarke and will take over as a Judge beginning January 1, 2017.
Prior to her appointment, Judge Naberhaus practiced in the areas of general civil litigation, insurance defense litigation, trust and estate litigation, and guardianship litigation. She began her practice in the 15th and 19th Judicial Circuits with the law firms Conroy, Simberg, Ganon, Krevans, & Abel, P.A. and Peterson Bernard, P.A. She also served as an adjunct professor of Business Law at Florida Atlantic University.
In 2009, she relocated to Brevard County where she became a shareholder of Gray Robinson, P.A. Prior to her appointment; she was serving as Of Counsel with Dean Mead, P.A. Here is a list of her professional and community involvement.
- Brevard County Court Judge
- Appointed by Governor Rick Scott, May, 2016 (term began January 3, 2017)
ORGANIZATIONS, COMMITTEES AND COMMISSIONS:
- Vassar B. Carlton American Inns of Court
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Brevard County Bar Association
- Brevard County Association for Women Lawyers
- Martin County Bar Association
- Justice Teaching Program
- The Haven for Children
- Vice President of Board, July 2015 to June 2016
- King Center for the Performing Arts
- Director, June 2015 to Sept. 2016
- Brevard Cultural Alliance
- Director, March 2012 to June 2016
- Women’s Business Center (weVENTURE), Florida Institute of Technology
- Director, Oct. 2011 to Sept. 2016
- March of Dimes
- Junior Achievement of Florida’s Space Coast
- Classroom Presenter, Oct. 2015 to Present
- Economic Development Commission of Florida’s Space Coast
- Director, Ex officio, Feb. 2014 to Jan. 2015
- Girl Scouts of America
- Member/Parent Volunteer of the Citrus Council, 2014 – Present
- Guardian Ad Litem Program, State of Florida
- Volunteer, certified in 1999
- 18th Circuit, Fostering Independent Program Volunteer, Jan. 2010 to 2014)