The Melbourne City Council seat for District 4 is an open seat this election. District 4 covers an area that begins north of Orlando-Melbourne International Airport and extends south to Palm Bay Road. Babcock Street serves as the district’s primary boarder to the east, and the City of West Melbourne is the district’s primary boarder to the west (map of Council Districts).
Alison Dietrich, is making her first run for elected office for the District 4 seat. She submitted the following statement.
Here are a few reasons I believe I am worthy of your vote for Melbourne City Council, District 4:
* I am Alison Dietrich B.S. R.T. (R) (ARRT) A healthcare professional Radiologic Technologist for over 20 years, currently working at Brevard Health Alliance in Pediatrics.
* I am a U.S. Coast Guard Veteran,
* I have been an Educator, teaching at Keiser University from 2003 to 2015. I was a program official, Clinical Coordinator, recognized by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology from 2005 to 2015.
* Working for Remote Medical International as a Department of Defense contractor, I completed 4 deployments to Kandahar, Afghanistan from 2016 to 2018.
* I am a Melbourne homeowner for 15 years, and have served as Treasurer on the Board of Directors for the Golf Club Estates Civic Association since 2010.
This history is shared to illustrate that I have always valued service; military service, community service and education. I’m running for City Council to serve again and I am ready and willing to do the work necessary to represent all the residents of District 4.
Vote November 8th !!