Seven Israeli Hostages Released as Ceasefire Deal Brokered with Trump’s Backing Takes Effect

Published on

- Advertisement -

TEL AVIV / GAZA STRIP – Seven Israeli hostages were released early Monday by Hamas in Gaza as part of a major ceasefire deal between Israel and Hamas, backed by President Donald Trump. The group was handed over to the International Committee of the Red Cross, marking one of the final hostage releases nearly two years after the October 7, 2023 attacks.

- Advertisement -

Hamas issued a list of 20 hostages it planned to release ahead of the exchange, with additional captives expected to be freed in the coming hours, according to the Israel Defense Forces. The releases meet a key condition of the ceasefire agreement, which aims to bring an end to one of the most destructive conflicts in the region’s modern history.

President Trump is expected to arrive in the Middle East on Monday to meet the families of hostages, address the Israeli parliament, and attend an international summit on Gaza in Egypt. Speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One late Sunday, Trump declared:

“The war is over,”

expressing confidence that the ceasefire would hold.

- Advertisement -

Hostage and Prisoner Exchange Terms

Under the terms of the deal, Israel will release around 2,000 Palestinian prisoners and detainees, including 250 individuals serving life sentences and more than 1,700 residents of Gaza who have been held without charge for over two years, officials said.

- Advertisement -

The hostage situation stems from Hamas-led attacks on October 7, 2023, during which militants killed approximately 1,200 people and abducted 251 individuals into Gaza as hostages. Those attacks triggered Israel’s massive military campaign in the Gaza Strip, which has continued for nearly two years.

Most hostages were previously freed during two earlier ceasefires — one in November 2023 and another earlier this year. The latest release involves some of the last living captives still held in Gaza.

Humanitarian Situation Worsens

As part of the ceasefire arrangements, Israeli troops withdrew from parts of Gaza over the weekend. Humanitarian organizations began increasing aid deliveries to the enclave, where parts of the population are facing deadly famine conditions, according to international aid groups.

The Gaza Health Ministry reports that at least 67,800 people have been killed during Israel’s military campaign since 2023. The ministry does not distinguish between civilians and combatants but says that the majority of those killed are women and children.

A Turning Point

The ceasefire deal and prisoner exchanges represent a major diplomatic development, signaling the first real pause in fighting since the conflict began. With President Trump’s direct involvement and the release of nearly all remaining hostages, both regional leaders and international observers are closely watching whether this agreement will lead to a longer-term resolution — or a temporary lull in a protracted war.

- Advertisement -

Criminal Defense
Bankruptcy · Evictions

WICKS LAW P.A.

Call or text for
free consult

321-733-2700

Eric Wicks, Esq.

1250 West Eau Gallie Blvd. G
Melbourne, FL 32935

Abogado Wicks habla español

Attorney Eric Wicks, Wicks Law P.A., Melbourne Florida

Upcoming Events

More like this

Trump Media Pitches $100K Fee for Fastest Feed of Trump Posts

President Trump's social media company wants to sell Wall Street the fastest possible look...

“Deeply Corrupt”: Federal Suit Moves to Halt Trump’s Birthday Cage Fight on the White House Lawn

WASHINGTON. A federal lawsuit filed over the weekend asks a judge to pull the...

Florida House Speaker Daniel Perez to serve as the next U.S. Ambassador to Brazil

President Trump has nominated Florida House Speaker Daniel Perez to serve as the next...